We know you are running hard, but you don’t have to run on empty. Run Hard. Rest Well. (RHRW) equips people to rewrite their personal stories of overload. Exhaustion is epidemic, yet the church-at-large remains strangely quiet, unprepared to speak life and truth to people in our midst, much less those in the world around us.
RHRW is dedicated to re-introducing people to biblical, transformative rhythms of work and rest.
Wellness is a hot topic. Billions are being spent each year, but the return on our investment is pathetic. By every assessment most people today are less healthy (physically, spiritually, emotionally, relationally) than we were 10, 20, 30 years ago. And our children? It is staggering to see the decline.
Jesus never talked about self-care, but He did talk about rest and He lived a life of rhythm. Four distinct rhythms graced Jesus’s life. They emerge from both the Old and New Testaments: Sabbath, Sleep, Personal Prayer (stillness) and Personal Retreat (solitude). When people focus on these four biblical rhythms, the power and purpose of rest becomes compelling and transformative, altering our lives and the lives of those we love. It moves us from self-destruct to vibrancy. It’s a win/win in every way and God gets the Glory.
Below you will find various resources to a new way of life where exhaustion and overload won’t have the final say.
- If you live in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, or Ohio, consider joining us for a ½-Day Run Hard. Rest Well. Retreat. For more information, click here.
- Request the book, Vantage Point.
- Take a 1-minute survey to assess your overload.
- Read the article Rest in the 21st Century.
- Search the site. Use the search feature at the top of this page to explore topics that most interest you: Sabbath, work, prayer, children, hope, Christmas…
- Begin a digital journey (see below)
Begin a digital journey
We have designed a series of blog posts that touch on many of the key aspects of learning to live a rhythm of rest.
- The Rest Revolution
- What’s Your Price Tag?
- That Which Refreshes
- Choose Your Rest
- Where Do You Default?
- 14 Ideas to Combat Cortisol
- Remember the Sabbath
- What Must Follow Conviction
- On Keeping the Sabbath
- What Does Sabbath Rest Look Like?
- On Sabbath in the 21st Century
- An Introduction to Prayer
- God Speaks
- Meeting with God
- Predictable Prayer
- A Few Things I’ve Learned (Dacha)
- Plan B
- On Callings & Commitments
Purchase the Run Hard. Rest Well. Book.
This is a 6-week guide, designed to explore and practice the facets of Biblical rest.
- Week 1: Rest 101
- Week 2: Sleep
- Week 3: Sabbath
- Week 4: Stillness
- Week 5: Solitude
- Week 6: Running the Race
It’s an ideal ministry tool to help individuals, couples, and small groups dive deeper into the rhythms of biblical rest.
Find more info on the book here.