Rest and wellness are hot topics.
Wellness programs are growing. Sadly, these programs are making little difference in our bankrupt lives. Why? Traditional wellness programs target individuals rather than the groups that shape and mold us. As believers, our understanding of work and rest has been forged, not by God, but by the accepted social norms of overload. These beliefs are not God-ordained or healthy. They perpetuate dysfunction on many levels. The price tag? A slow death by overload and exhaustion, or a spectacular “crash and burn.” Even though rest is near and dear to the heart of God, it’s been factored out of our lives. The impact is corrosive.
Run Hard. Rest Well. (RHRW), founded in 2008 and supported by a team of experts, prepares leaders of non-profits, universities, businesses and churches to create a culture of work and rest that is biblical, transformative and sustainable. Who do we serve? Leaders passionate about the race they run, the team they lead, and the people they impact.
RHRW is a catalyst for organizational change. We understands that if group norms got us into this mess, by the power and grace of God, it will be group norms that get us out. From this perspective, a leadership experience was born to create traction and transformation in individuals and organizations.
RHRW stands strong on four distinct features:
- RHRW focuses on work – the race we run and the rest that refuels.
- RHRW targets staff – staff of nonprofits, universities, businesses and churches.
- RHRW centers its teaching on four biblical rhythms of rest, set into the 21st century: Sabbath, Sleep, Stillness (personal prayer) and Solitude (personal retreat).
- RHRW recognizes the impact of personality and seasons of life on work, rest and rhythm.
One of the most valuable tools leaders today can give their team is learning how to rest well – together. This ability does not come naturally in our fast-paced society. Revolutionizing the way we work, rest and live will not happen without an intentional championing of rest by leaders who are committed to bring out the very best in those they lead, for the sake of those they serve.
One-Word Responses to the Vantage Point Leadership Initiative
Revolutionary Amazing! Eye-opening Outstanding
Strategic A + Essential
Vantage Point Leadership Initiative Includes:
- 4 ½-hour retreat targeting staff, teams, groups – but also open to individuals
- A Study Guide for each participant, which includes 25 short readings for personal reflection and 6 weeks of small group material
- 12-months of consultation, if desired, to create strategies for best practices/staff policies
|Full-time staff||$45 (Minimums apply for custom retreats)|
|Scholarship Needed?||Please contact us|
For Current Vantage Point Retreat Dates
Click here, then visit the bottom of that page.
Custom Retreats can be planned for your group at a time and place of your choosing. Contact Brenda about additional charges based on mileage, travel expense and distance from Indiana. Custom retreats can be 4-7 hours long, with no extra charge.
Seminars – Staff Training Events for Your Organization
1-2 hour training seminars are available for you staff, team, university, school or church. $200-1,000, plus mileage and expenses depending on location and size of group.